Platform collect ’em up FILE NAME: You Have To Win The Game.tap 1 player, joystick port 2 By Kabuto and J. Kyle Pittman / Pirate Of Hearts Don’t judge a […]
- Platform collect ’em up
- FILE NAME: You Have To Win The Game.tap
- 1 player, joystick port 2
- By Kabuto and J. Kyle Pittman / Pirate Of Hearts
Don’t judge a book by its cover and all that. This platform game is a perfect port over from Steam, and it’s magnificent.
So why does it look so…er..Spectrum-ish? It’s on purpose. The original (which you can read about here) is an intentionally retro platformer for the PC. And now we have it on C64 and it is very impressive indeed.
A stick or the usual keys on your emulator will allow you to run and jump around with your little character. You’ll notice each screen has a name, and that there’s a percentage counter in the bottom right of the screen. To play – and to Win The Game – you have to get to 100%. So, how do you do that? Well:
- Collect the four “orbs” in the game (you have to do this twice).
- Traverse the entire map/board. Every square you view in-game counts towards your percentage of completion. There’s a map of the Steam version here, but it’s faithful to C64:
- Collect all the money bags and pirate hearts.
And that’s it! It really is simple to play but gets very tough – you’ll spend hours trying to crack the thing. Have a look around the internet if you get stuck. There are lots of player guides and YouTube has a walkthrough of the C64 version. You’ll also find some great tips here.
It’s a bit of a treat to see a PC game converted to the Commodore 64 and we cannot enthuse about the quality of this port enough. We hope you like it too. CF
NEED MORE HELP WITH THIS GAME?
- See the game’s original website
- Discussion of the C64 game at the CSDB
- Discussion of the game at Lemon 64